The Russian LGBT Network provides emergency assistance to those in trouble. The decision to provide emergency assistance is made within 24 hours.
Emergency (short-term) assistance is provided to:
● people who are victims of crimes motivated by homophobic and transphobic hatred and discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and/or gender identity;
● activists and organizations affected for their activities.
The most important condition to receive emergency assistance is that the applicant must be willing to defend your rights legally in state bodies and courts with our help.
Emergency assistance may cover:
● ensuring physical security in the case of a real threat (safe temporary housing for up to 2 months, security services for the of events and activities, security services for private properties or community centers);
● legal services (assistance in processing or restoration of documents, legal advice or assistance of a lawyer);
● psychological services (consultation with a psychologist or psychological support in a crisis situation);
● social support;
● conflict mediation (professional assistance in resolving conflict situations in the family or with other persons);
● assistance in leaving a dangerous location (region);
● food and necessities;
● vital medical care in case it cannot be covered by health insurance (hormone replacement therapy or antiretroviral therapy);
● payment of fines imposed under the so-called “gay propaganda law” (article 6.21 of the Code of the Russian Federation on Administrative Offenses).